VAELMA© MODULAR WALL SYSTEM
The certified technical features of a properly installed system consist of special parts for total absence of live edges, ensuring that all surfaces are ﬂush without protrusions. More speciﬁcally: 1) Vertical sealing joints between facing panels (aluminum TAU – elastic gasket) 2) Angular joints 3) Suspended ceiling and ﬂoor ﬁnishing provision.
Substructure - Finishing Material Installation
The specially constructed steel frame is designed to perfectly host the finishing material panels of Stainless Steel in a way that they are perfectly mounted and at the same time, independent in case partial removal of the covering is needed. The steel frame structure consists of the following steel profiles:
- Steel columns with holes suitable for in-wall cabling needed for the mechanical equipment, cables and tubes for medical gases and depth dimensions suitable for installation of rockwool panels for thermal and sound insulation.
- Horizontal Ω profile (designed to connect the floor and the wall covering without live corners as well as for the modular system self-loading).
- Horizontal Π profile for connecting the ceiling with the columns.
- Ceiling finishing profile to host false ceiling structure.
- Hanging steel elements screwed and glued on the panels – hanged on the steel columns.
There is also another rubber gasket profile for flush and hermetic sealing between the panels.
The installation is based on a simple system which is thoroughly designed and manufactured according to the high standards:
- The Ω profile is placed on the floor and is properly leveled. The Π profile is placed and screwed on the top as well.
- The steel columns are installed according to design on the right positions and the insulation panels are installed between the columns
- A metal stripe specially designed is stuck on the finishing material panels which is adjusted to hang itself on the steel column.
- After hanging there are special protrusions on the same metal stripe where it is screwed on the substructure, too, for safety and stability reasons.
Finally, the antibacterial rubber gasket is installed to seal hermetically the panel joints.
Modular Wall Cladding Materials:
Vaelma© HPL modular wall system consists of modular panel elements, which are characterized by high chemical surface resistance to mechanical influences.
Being fully flexible, it allows a separate de-installation of each individual panel in a very short period. Joints between the panels are sealed with special silicone or aluminum rounded parts, meeting all requirements of internationally accepted regulatory standards (i.e. GMP).
According to each project’s individual requirements, cut-outs and electrical channels are prepared already in our production site or in advance (factory fabricated). Detailed and early-phase engineering ensures best quality and an efficient on-site installation process.
Partition system in shell design based on an axis grid system. It consists of a substructure of partition posts consisting of torsional stiff hot-dip galvanized steel sections, 44 mm thick, and ceiling and floor channels into which the partition posts are fitted.
The 12.5 mm thick tray-type wall panels are made of sheet metal, the edges of which are double-folded. The backs of the tray-type wall panels have a series of drilled holes in the second flange for fixing purposes. Galvanized hanger clips are riveted into this system of holes, by means of which the panels are fixed to the partition posts.
The transverse flanges of the panels stabilize connections to the floor and ceiling and to other structural components. At the same time, open cut edges are avoided. 12.5 mm plasterboard is stuck into the panels to stabilize their surfaces.
Wall panels made of 16 mm thick quality chipboard are provided with a series of pre-drilled holes at the back. The hangers enabling the panels to be easily fitted to the partition posts are screwed on via these holes. A 40 mm thick slab of mineral wool can be inserted to provide acoustic insulation and for vibration deadening purposes.
The glass wall system consists of a substructure for wall heights up to 4,000mm as well as the glass wall panels. Glass is an ideal building material, because the glass used is resistant to almost all chemicals. It can neither scratch nor dent and adhering dirt can be easily removed. Our experience has shown that glass breakage rarely occurs. One of the main advantages is that glass panels can show any picture according to the customer’s desires as printed films can be fabricated and added behind the antibacterial glass surface.
Solid mineral surface is a specific material designed to meet the most stringent health regulations. It offers an eclectic range of solutions for every project in hospital, medical and dental field.
Solid Surface material made approximately of two-thirds of aluminum tri-hydroxide, a third of acrylic resin and natural pigments. The aluminum hydroxide makes the product extremely strong, the quality of the acrylic resin ensures cleanliness, suitability for contact with substances, water resistance and color stability over time.
Despite its consistency, like natural stone, BETACRΥL® is restorable and can be fabricated with woodworking equipment.
It can be seamlessly joined, and a simple thermoforming process allows to create curved surfaces allowing total freedom to the designers’ imagination
Additional characteristics and specifications of SMS:
- The external facing is bacteriostatic, dense and of non-porous material.
• The panel is made of durable and uniform material and is easy to clean and extremely hygienic.
• Internal balancing core with suitable geometry to ensure the maximum rigidity
• The total thickness of panel including Aluminum backing should not be less than 18mm.
• The panels are resistant to water and detergents that are normally used in hospital environments.
• Carries a reaction to fire class 1 norm.
• The material is accompanied with BIS/USFDA/European certificates and CE declaration of conformity.